Wikimapia is a multilingual open-content collaborative map, where anyone can create place tags and share their knowledge.

Rauceby Hall

United Kingdom / England / Sleaford /
 interesting place  Add category
 Upload a photo

Rauceby Hall (which is not open to the public) was built between 1842 and 1846 by a Mr Peacock at a cost of £24,000. The Hall, Hall Farm and its parkland were formed by the amalgamation of a number of separate holdings, the land being acquired over several years from the Earl of Bristol and other landowners. The new building did not just include the Hall. Hall Farm was built in 1841, as were several new cottages in the
village. The Peacocks who later changed their name to Willson were also largely responsible for the village school built between North and South Rauceby in 1842, and much later the water supply to the village in 1887.
Nearby cities:
Coordinates:   52°59'56"N   -0°27'59"E
This article was last modified 17 years ago