Triangle Fraternity National Headquarters (Former Plainfield Carnegie Library) (Plainfield, Indiana)

USA / Indiana / Plainfield / Plainfield, Indiana / South Center Street, 120
 headquarters, fraternities and sororities (student organisation), non-profit organization, 1913_construction

Plainfield Public Library moved from Vine St. into the Carnegie building at 120 South Center Street on January 27, 1913. In June of 1916, Plainfield Public Library began the first bookmobile service in Indiana. This weekly service to rural homes and schools covered Guilford, Washington, and Liberty townships until 1924.

After 55 years in the old Carnegie, the library moved again, nearer the center of the 14,500 population it served. The building at the corner of Simmons Street and Stafford Road opened on October 4, 1968.

Also the former site of Hadley's Stable. Now Triangle Fraternity National Headquarters.
Nearby cities:
Coordinates:   39°42'7"N   86°24'10"W
This article was last modified 4 years ago