Ouse Bridge Railway Station (Closed)

United Kingdom / England / Downham Market /
 historical layer / disappeared object  Add category
 Upload a photo

The site of the short-lived Ouse Bridge Railway Station, opened on the 25th October 1847 (as 'Ouze Bridge' and renamed in April 1854) and subsequently closing on 1 January 1864. The site of the platforms is not precisely adjacent to the current line as the embankment upon which the line runs has been deviated eastwards slightly to accommodate a new bridge that was built immediately north of the station and parallel to the old bridge, since demolished. The widened embankment at this point is still evident from passing trains. The original station platform at this location was a timber affair and no trace of it exists.
Nearby cities:
Coordinates:   52°33'39"N   0°20'48"E
This article was last modified 14 years ago