St. Jakov Bastion (Belgrade)

Serbia and Montenegro / Central Serbia / Borca / Belgrade
 fortification  Add category

The bastion makes a part of the coastal rampart built upon the project of Andrea Cornaro at the end of the seventeenth century. There are records saying that sultan Mustafa II supervised the construction works of the bastion during his stay in Belgrade in 1696. Thus, the Turks called it “Sultan Mustafa’s Stronghold”. During the Austrian reconstruction, the bastion got its name after St. Jakov.
Nearby cities:
Coordinates:   44°49'32"N   20°26'44"E
  •  12 km
  •  15 km
  •  34 km
  •  91 km
  •  197 km
  •  203 km
  •  262 km
  •  314 km
  •  389 km
  •  508 km
This article was last modified 15 years ago